Saturday, September 13, 2014

Alpha 2014: The Biggest Space:1999 Convention In The UK!


      I do love Space: 1999!  In the 70s it was the SF show with everything a kid like me could want, cool spacecraft, horrific monsters, and exciting adventure.  To this the show's iconic Eagle Transporter remains one of my all time favorite TV spacecraft designs.  This weekend UK fans are celebrating their love for Gerry Anderson's epic SF series by attending Alpha:  2014; the biggest 1999 convention ever!  Mike Burrows of the Project Sword Moonbase Central Blog is there enjoying the con as we speak.  I can't wait to hear about the vent when he returns.  Although I couldn't attend;  I can still celebrate!  For your viewing pleasure I've collected some 1999 goodies from Youtube!  Enjoy!

The Complete First Episode Breakaway

A very cool stop-motion Space:  1999 fan film from 1979

A cool feature on a surviving 44 Inch Eagle miniature

video
A very interesting look behind the effects of Space:  1999 with Brian Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment