Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Amazing Charawheels Super Jetter Ryusei Go!


     I recently purchase another cool addition to my Japanese Hotwheels Charawheels collection; the Ryusei Go from the 1965-66 anime series Super Jetter.   Super Jetter was the story of a 30th centrury law enforcer who travels back in time to 60s Japan to thwart a super villain named Jagger.  With Jetter on the case; Jagger can't get no satisfaction.  
     Jetter's coolest asset is his car, the Ryusei Go.  It travels on land, under the sea, and it can journey anywh.....wait a second....that sounds familiar.  Yes, in concept, appearance, and execution the Ryusei Go bears more than a passing resemblance to Gerry Anderson's own Supercar.  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  There's room on the block for more than one submersible, flying, and gadget laden super auto.
      The Charawheels toy is really nice.  Sturdy and well made.  The toy version has the canopy retracted which is my only gripe.  It's a great representation of Jetter's ride and in the end that's what counts.  As walways, I prefer to let my pictures prove my point.  Also, I found a cool Youtube vide featuring Super Jetter in action.  Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment