Friday, July 4, 2014

The Dinky Diecast SRN6 Hovercraft Has Me Floating On Air!


      I've always been a fan of hovercraft and air cushion vehicles.  Naturally, my interest has extended to toys relating to these amazing craft.  While attending the Arizona Icon Toy Show in Glendale Az; I managed to find this little gem.  The Dinky diecast SRN6 Hovercraft.  To be fair; I didn't actually find this at the show; rather I discovered it in a display case at a vintage toy shop in Glendale called Smilin Jack's.  Great shop; if you visit Glendale check them out.
     The toy is amazing.  Very well made; a hallmark of Dinky Toys.  There are some minor paint issues, but not enough to bother me.  Most importantly, the mechanism that moves the radar aerial and real engine prop works perfectly. The opening hatch in the front is a great touch. It's a great addition to my collection.  Enjoy!








    

2 comments:

  1. Nice model Will, and in super condition considering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a beauty. I just found a Matchbox hovercraft of the same size with the same mechanical features. It was part of their Super Seakings lineup and has a blue and white colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete