Sunday, July 20, 2014

Filmed In Supermarionation Coming This October!


     This October will see  the release of Filmed In Supermarionation; a documentary dedicated to the history Gerry Anderson's amazing puppet television programs.  Those of you who are long standing visitors to my blog will need no explanation as to why this is such cool news.  Shows such as Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, and Joe 90 were important parts of my childhood and have followed me well into middle age.  As a lifelong fan; I'm eager to hear the inside story and that's just what this film promises to be.
     Based on the 2010 book Filmed In Supermarionation:  A History of the Future by Stephen La Riviere (who also directed the film); this documentary will give viewers an unprecedented view into the creation of these legendary shows and the brilliant, creative minds that made them possible.  I can't wait.  Although October won't be here for a little while yet; I've posted two trailers below that should ease the pain of waiting.  Enjoy!


video
The Latest Official Trailer


The Amazing Teaser Trailer

2 comments:

  1. Will, I have a DVD called 'Full Boost Vertical - The Supercar Story'. It has interviews with people involved in the production, a visit to the former studio, and a lot of interesting behind the scenes stuff. Supercar was the first Gerry Anderson work I remember growing up and I still think it's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about Supercar. If this new film is half as good as Full boost Vertical; it'll be amazing.

    ReplyDelete