Saturday, March 15, 2014

My Ultimate Saturday Lineup!


        Ah.....Saturday morning.  Best day of the week.   Having reached middle age Saturday means I get to depressurize from the rigors of the work week and relax.  When I was a kid it meant cartoons, toy commercials, and large quantities of sugary cereals.  I have no doubt that if you were a kid in the 70's it was the same for you.  Am I right?  Sadly, the era of the kid centric Saturday morning has long since become extinct.  Today's kids have no idea what they missed out on.  I've decided To resurrect the classic Saturday morning even if it's just for one weekend.  Unlike Saturdays of my long ago youth; I'm no longer subject to what the networks assume are cool cartoons.  It's the 21st century and I can create my own awesome lineup of shows and commercials.  My ultimate Saturday would be composed exclusively of scifi and adventure cartoons with correspondingly appropriate toy commercials.  Now I present to you my ultimate Saturday morning.  Enjoy!

video 
Marine Boy Episode 1

video
Micronauts Toy Commercial

Stingray Episode 1

video
Tang Commercial 1

video
Space Sentinels Episode 1

video
Mattel Shogun Warriors Commercial

Fantastic Voyage Episode 1

video
Kenner Star Wars Commercial

Sealab 2020 Episode 1

video
Crazy Cow Cereal Commercial

Land of the Lost Episode 2

video
Mego Star Trek Playset Commercial


1 comment:

  1. Being a child of the '50s/'60s Saturday mornings were different the same (??) :-) In other words, most of the shows we watched were different, but it was definitely kid-centric. There was a mix of Westerns, mystery, sci-fi, adventure, monster, and silly cartoons which, when blended, morphed into a veritable super fun TV smoothie!! Now I'm afraid Saturday's have turned into an unpalatable mix of nauseating smarm. The energy, vitality, creativity, and just plain fun have all been forgotten with the Millenial's warped sense of 'appropriateness'.

    ReplyDelete