Monday, March 3, 2014

Hot Wheels Batman The Animated Series Batmobile! Need I Say More?


     There have been many animated incarnations of Batman and his iconic auto throughout the years.  The greatest was easily Batman The Animated series.  Inspired by Tim Burton's Batman; this caped crusader was darker, tougher, and more driven than any we'd seen in animation.  The truly adult nature of the series startling and paved the way for what we now call the DC Animated universe which would later include  Superman The Animated Series, Justice League, and Justice League unlimited.  The Batmobile that featured in his series was no less impressive than its driver.  Low to the ground, containing no uneccesary surface features, yet still featuring an aft jet turbine; this Batmobile was literally a battering ram against evil.
      Hot Wheels certainly did it justice. no pun intended.  It may not possess any special features, but this toy is certainly accurate and durable.  It's certainly a nice addition to any Batmobile collection. This was my third find at this year's Tucson Toy Show. I'll let my photos do the real talking.  enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. That is one fine Batmobile. I like it much better when Mattel does Batmobile's based on actual art: TV, movies, comics, cartoons, etc because I find some of their in-house fantasy designs fall short of the mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more, my friend.

    ReplyDelete