Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Mystery Spaceship Quiz!

     This cool spacecraft was used in the 1978 television and print ad campaigns for a product that couldn't be further removed from space travel.  Not only did the commercial featuring this craft air during primetime television; I used to see  it on a huge billboard every time my family took a drive into Downey, California.  Think you recognize or remember it?  Leave your comments and at this time tomorrow I'll give you the answer and post the commercial it featured in.

Hint:  This craft certainly wouldn't be found on the roadside dead, but the product it advertised might be despite its futuristic name.

7 comments:

  1. You still have a whole night my friend. Let me put it this way: open the power windows of your mind, and shift your imagination to a higher gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Frijoles! I simply cannot remember the ship or the commercial! I got a headache trying to think about it (but I get a headache just thinking 'bout anything).That's a nice screen grab BTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say I recognize it, Will, I wonder if it was shown this side of the pond! Cool design, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its not from Jason of Star Command is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey, no idea Will, sorry. Your clue about a product that might be dead at the roadside is intriguing. It suggests the product is at some stage alive. A pet? Can't think of any other living products but it has been a long day!

    ReplyDelete