Friday, November 29, 2013

Thoughts Concerning The Day of the Doctor and Doctor Who at the Proms 2013!

    My Wendy and I saw The Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special The Day of the Doctor this last Monday (11-25-13) at a theater here in Tucson.  Certainly the special was very enjoyable, but what really amazed me was the turnout for the event.  I've been to this particular theater many times and I've NEVER seen it this packed.  In retrospect I'm glad we chose to arrive 2 1/2 hours early.  The majority of the people  there had come specifically to see the Doctor.  This was clear by the amount of cosplay, sonic screwdrivers, and other Who items people had brought with them to celebrate the event.  A local Doctor Who group even brought a full scale TARDIS exterior (very nicely constructed I might add) for photo opportunities.  It really was a celebration.  I suppose that's what I'll really take away from the experience.  Viewers of all ages showing appreciation for a 50 year old scifi series produced in the UK.  That is the power of good storytelling and an extremely well developed character. To conclude the 50th Anniversary articles here at The Secret Space Base I've included the video for the 2013 Doctor Who at the Proms Special.  Enjoy!

Wendy and the TARDIS!

Doctor Who at the Proms 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment