Friday, November 1, 2013

Quick!! To The Wienermobile!!

  Today, the famous Oscar Mayer Wienermobile was in Tucson as part of a national tour.  I LOVE unusual custom vehicles and this amazing behemoth certainly fits the bill or bun as the case is here.  This vehicle has existed in various forms since 1936.  The exhibit today featured a placard showing the vehicle's design evolution through the decades.  I like it because it reminds me of a prototype lunar vehicle known as the Mobile Geological Laboratory (MOLAB).  Enjoy!







MOLAB for comparison


4 comments:

  1. I had the good fortune to see this a couple of times and it was so cool! I loved it. I can still remember seeing older versions toolin' the streets of Milwaukee back in the late '50s early '60s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot a fun to see it. I've become very interested in the 1958 model. It has a very helicopter-like front end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly was Bill. Thank you for the pic of your diecast Hot Wheels Weinermobile.

    ReplyDelete