Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Headquarters of the Science Patrol

     I've been a fan of the 1967 Japanese SF series Ultraman since I was very young.  The show featured a giant alien superhero who defended Earth against giant monsters and alien invaders.  In his human form of Shin Hayata; he was a member of the Science Patrol (Science Special Search Party in the Japanese version).  The Science Patrol utilized futuristic weapons and aircraft to aid Ultraman in the defense of the Earth.  Their headquarters was an amazing bit of futuristic architecture.  The Bandai trading kit I bought a few years back is also very cool.  All of the main details from original show's miniature set are evident in the model.  Even the aircraft hangers.  Enjoy!









4 comments:

  1. That is sooooo Coool!
    Did you get it from Japan or is it available stateside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it as part of a set on Ebay. The seller was Japanese. I bought the set about four years ago. I still see it listed occasionally on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ed! The detail is amazing and it looks great from any angle.

    ReplyDelete