Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fly me to the Moon!


       I've been a huge  fan of Herge's globetrotting, journalist adventurer Tintin ever since elementary school.  My grandparents gave me the two part epic moon adventure as a Christmas gift.  The two volumes were titled Destination Moon and Explorers on the Moon.  Being a fan of space hardware I felt the incredible moon rocket was the real star of the adventure.  Earlier this year I purchased this great resin model of the rocket produced by Moulinsart.  Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. Nice bit of toy rocket history Will. I don't really know anything about Tintin having bee brought up during the age of Rin-Tin-Tin so one day I may have to play catch-up

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great rocket design. I love the classic, single stage rockets of yesteryear.

    ReplyDelete