Sunday, December 2, 2012

Popynica has got a lot of GUTS Part One: Introduction

          I'm a big fan of the 1997 Japanese SF series Ultraman Dyna.  It featured a giant alien hero who joined with a human to defend Earth from giant monsters and evil alien invaders.  At that time it was the latest in a series of Ultraman programs dating back to 1966.  One of the hallmarks of every Ultra series was an Earth defense organization that used advanced vehicles and weapons to combat the invaders alongside the main Ultra hero.  In Dyna, that organization was called Super GUTS (Super Global Unlimited Task Squad).  They were the rapid response division of the TPC (Terrestrial Peace Coalition).  I do hope you're taking notes because all of this is will be on the final exam.   Anyway, over the next few weeks I'll be featuring my now complete collection of  Super GUTS vehicles here on the blog.   They are highly detailed plastic and diecast metal toys produced by Popynica and it took me years to finally complete my set.  Suffice to say I'm quite happy.  The series will be published in 13 parts including this introduction.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment