Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Magnificent Sight indeed


     I know I've said it a million times already, but I just love the Batmobile.  I can't help it.  It's the most iconic autmobile in the history of comics.  Even non comics fans know about the Batmobile.  This particular version is from the 1950s.  This diecast model is Corgi and it's amazing.  I'm working to collect all of Corgi's recent Batmobile toys.  This was a gift from my friend Dan and I couldn't be more grateful.  Enjoy!







     

4 comments:

  1. I too love this 50's design. Is the first Will or was there something earlier in the comics? Corgii did a great job with it. I wonder if they made anything like the one that Kenner did for the DC Super Heroes line, which looked like an Alfa Romeo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were two Batmobiles in the 1930s, but they were conventional automobiles of the era that Batman just happened to drive. The 1940s Batmobile was the first to incorporate the bat motif into the design. This too will be making its debut on the blog soon. I've always loved Corgi diecast toys and their line of Batmobiles are just jaw-dropping in their coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Corgi series of Bat-conveyances and Villainmobiles is the single best series out there bar none!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree with you more. Corgi has really outdone themselves.

    ReplyDelete